To promote a new ERA in watershed thinking where well managed human activities result in healthy ecosystems and a robust economy.
Operating since 2011, ERA is a community-based water group that aims to connect people to the Elk River ensuring it is drinkable, fishable and swimmable for future generations
- Stimulate conversation, share information and facilitate community input to encourage sustainable water decision-making in the Elk Valley.
- Promote a new ERA in watershed thinking by coordinating a community voice to contribute to watershed planning and management activities, regulatory processes and other regional water initiatives.
- Bring together diverse points of view and offer a safe place to dialogue about the Elk River.
- Unite not divide
ERA uses education and outreach programs that raise watershed literacy, informs sustainable water decision-making and collects science to prioritize community involvement that protects, enhances and restores aquatic ecosystems.
- Using education and outreach programs, residents know where their water comes from, how it is used and ways to keep it healthy for future generations.
- Collect watershed science and data to prioritize community stewardship action that protects, enhances and restores aquatic ecosystems.
- Convene and facilitate community input to encourage sustainable watershed decision-making.
- Promote safe and sustainable recreational use of the Elk River.