A healthy river ecosystem that sustains the Elk Valley for present and future generations.
Operating since 2010, the Elk River Alliance is a community-based water charity that connects people to the Elk River using science, education and community collaboration to ensure sustainable stewardship of the Elk River watershed.
- Stimulate conversation, share information and facilitate community input to encourage sustainable water decision-making in the Elk Valley.
- Promote a new ERA in watershed thinking by coordinating a community voice to contribute to watershed planning and management activities, regulatory processes and other regional water initiatives.
- Bring together diverse points of view and offer a safe place to dialogue about the Elk River.
- Unite not divide
ERA uses education and outreach programs that raise watershed literacy, informs sustainable water decision-making and collects science to prioritize community involvement that protects, enhances and restores aquatic ecosystems.
- Facilitate dialogue, collaboration and community engagement across the watershed, undertaking education to promote environmental literacy and awareness.
- Collect, interpret and use scientific data to protect and restore the Elk River watershed.
- Promote safe and environmentally responsible use of the Elk River.