Community-based Water Monitoring was limited to low flow sampling in the fall of 2020 due to Covid-19 restrictions, but expanded from Lizard, Alexander, Boivin, and Coal Creeks to include Morrissey Creek. Due to Covid-19, volunteer input was limited to ensure the safety of community members.
ERA participated in a STREAM e-DNA sampling trial through Living Lakes Canada (LLC) which involved training and benthic invertebrate sampling. 2021 will see increased collaboration with industry, NGO, and government partners to develop a more comprehensive monitoring collaborative for the Elk River Watershed.
- 5 tributaries
- 10 sites
- increase from 4 sites in 2014
- Physical parameters
- Chemical parameters
- Benthic taxonomy (insects)
- Benthic e-DNA (trail 2020)
- Water chemistry shows no anomalous parameters
- Benthic invertebrate results pending