Community Engagement in Watershed Governance: Case Studies and Insights From the Upper Columbia River Basin report is now available! Click here to open full report.
This report highlights how community-based organizations in the Basin are supporting watershed health. The report also offers information about water governance and BC's Water Sustainability Act.
Produced by Columbia Basin Trust, the University of Victoria’s POLIS Water Sustainability Project and Living Lakes Canada, the report explores:
- The meaning of watershed governance
- Local watershed protection and BC’s new Water Sustainability Act
- How four local watershed groups have contributed to water governance
- Insights from the experiences of others in the Basin
The report examines these four watershed groups:
- Kootenay Lake Partnership
- Lake Windermere Ambassadors
- East Kootenay Integrated Lake Management Partnership
- Elk River Alliance