We're hiring! If you're a student looking for a fun, rewarding job this summer, check out our job posting below!
Job Title: Elk River Watershed Outreach Educator
- Raise community awareness about Elk River Alliance activities by attending local community events and markets (Sundays required)
- Participate in the delivery of the Elk River Watershed Discovery Day camps (July 8-12, July 22-26, and August 12-16)
- Assist with restoration, stewardship and research activities
- Update ERA website, Facebook and Instragram accounts with current news
- Other duties assigned by the ERA Program Managers
- Must be student intending to return to school in fall 2018
- Criminal record check or willingness to have one done
- Passion for healthy river ecosystems and familiarity with the Elk River watershed
- Willingness to learn and take direction
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience working with children
- Interest in biology, environmental science, social outreach etc.
- Current first aid certification e.g. OFA Level 1 is an asset
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle is preferred
Location: Based out of ERA’s Fernie office 891 – 2nd Ave, Fernie, in the Southern Canadian Rockies SE BC. Job will involve traveling to various locations in the watershed.
Term/Rate of Employment: July 1-August 26, 2019 (8 weeks) for a total of 240 hours. Rate of pay $13.65/hour.
Employer: Elk River Watershed Alliance (doing business as Elk River Alliance ERA)
As a non-profit society formed in 2010, ERA is a community-based water group that aims to connect people to the Elk River watershed ensuring our water is drinkable, fishable and swimmable for future generations. ERA’s vision is for a watershed where well-managed human activities result in healthy ecosystems and a robust economy. To realize this vision, ERA’s aim is to 1) raise community awareness and understanding about our watershed; 2) facilitate community dialogue and engagement to better inform sustainable water decision-making; 3) monitor aquatic health in order to prioritize our collective effort in activities that steward, enhance and restore aquatic ecosystems 4) Promote safe and sustainable river recreation. For more information about ERA see www.elkriveralliance.ca
Please send your detailed resume and cover letter indicating why you would be suitable for this position by May 20, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org